There’s been lot’s of running around but naff all running these last two weeks. I didn’t meet my last set of running challenges (fail – sob) and I’m not going to beat myself up. It is what it is.
So, what’s next?
What challenges had I set myself last time?
Mt Weekly Running Challenges – Nov 10 2014 were:
- Run 5 times for minimum of 25k total mileage between Monday and Sunday
- Tweet each run for accountability
- Research a gym; including a visit to one!
- Research and pick my next marathon
- Write one more post this week about my knees
I think I’ve managed 10k in the last two weeks, I tweeted them, I did find a gym near my new work, and have yet to pick a next marathon or finish that post on my knees.
I’ll be honest folks – the last two weeks have seen me start a new job. I’m commuting into London and then back out of it – it’s 1:30hr to 2 hours EACH WAY at the moment. So, that’s four hours commuting. Which has been some shock to the system, I tell you!
Having settled in and now getting used to the commute, I think I should try again:
This week’s challenges
Ok, at risk of repeating myself, here goes:
- 5 runs at 25k mileage and tweet each one
- Join the gym I found – even if it’s just to use the swimming pool
- Finish the post on my runner’s knee problem and how I overcame it
- Draw a marathon shortlist for next year
That’s all folks – having settled into my new job, I’m expecting things to be a tad easier this week.